New junkcode addition – jpeg_recover.c
Borne out of weirdness going wrong with a friend’s compact flash card while we were on holiday – suddenly a bunch of photos went missing. It didn’t seem to be easy to recover them using conventional manipulations of the FAT filesystem, so instead (without an internet connection, but with lots of beer) hacked up a program that searches through a file (given as the command line parameter) extracts things that look like jpeg files and dumps them in the current directory. It can produce a number of false-positives, which is probably due to the fact that I didn’t have access to any jpeg specs, so this is all from looking at some jpeg files and working out something simple, quickly. But hey, we got a fair few of the photos back.