So, I’ve upgraded two boxes: my laptop and my mail server.
- courier-imap-ssl broke. My cell phone could no longer pull mail.
I got something like in the log:
imapd-ssl: couriertls: connect: error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
The fix for this is to change the TLS_PROTOCOL option in /etc/courier/imapd-ssl to SSL23 (an option not listed in the “possible verions” list in the config file). So mail now works.
- Evolution now seems to put a blank line at the top of emails when replying (before quoting the message). GRRRRRRR…
- The Window Manager (metacity) has changed how it arranges new windows. Instead of cascading them down, so if you’re opening a bunch you can easily switch between them, it now puts them right on top of each other GGRRRRRR.
- It set up my Xorg to *not* to X monitor hotpluggy goodness. I’ve managed
- Login seems to take a fair bit longer than before
- trackerd will index while on battery power… GRRR
- trackerd will hog disk and CPU
- I haven’t been able to get any results out of tracker.
- There is no tracker-status or something to check that it hasn’t just stopped working
- Tracker will use up all your remaining disk space… (I initially only had a few GB free.. and trackerd filled it up)
- I haven’t actually had a query work at all. i.e. it seems to be useless. I just get a “trackerd exited with status 0”.
- There is no “remember passphrase” button in Evolution for GPG signing anymore. I think this is now set in the global preferences… but the behaviour change is annoying.
- The pidgin icon is different than the gaim icon in the Notification Area… this is annoying as I can never find it anymore
- The Window List applet changed behaviour to now *not* group windows together at all… making having lots of windows open (as I often do) completely unmanagable as opposed to (previously) just annoying.
- X monitor hotpluggy goodness (known to others as xrandr 1.2). VGA out works with the free radeon driver now! *YAY*. (I can rearrange screens using xrandr… awesome)
- Pidgin is quite nice… the likelyhood of reply plugin is neat. More compact IM windows (also cool).
- Syncing between Pidgin and Evolution with contacts seems to work okay now.
- Suspend and resume still works
- New version of f-spot – goodness!
- New OpenOffice.org (2.3)Â sucks less.
- emacs22 (shiny)
- New WINE does real neat stuff (such as have menu items for browse C drive, remove software)
- Evolution doesn’t seem to leak memory as much anymore. Only 316MB RSS at the moment!
- Lots of neat Liferea bug fixes – much nicer! (read items in the planet.linux.org.au feed stay marked read now!)