Ramblings which occasionally resemble reality. This is the blog of Stewart Smith.
- If you have more than 8192 directories, it can’t monitor them (max inotify limit)
- No search results
- access(), stat() and then lstat() called on *every* file that it’s going to index… this takes a long time.
- Did I mention that search doesn’t actually give you any results?
- Even when you run strings on the database and then search for something there, you don’t get any results
- Even when you search for the name of an application, you get no results.