Head on over to http://lca2011.linux.org.au/ and check it out!
You’ve got until August 7th to put in a paper, miniconf, poster or tutorial.
Things I’d like to see come from my kinda world:
- topics on running large numbers of machines
- latest in large scale web infrastructure
- latest going on in the IO space: (SSD, filesystems, SSD as L2 cache)
- Applications of above technologies and what it means for application performance
- Scalable and massive tcp daemons (i.e. Eric should come talk on scalestack)
- exploration of pain points in current technologies and discussion on ways to fix them (from people really in the know)
- A Hydra tutorial: starting with stock Ubuntu lucid, and exiting the tutorial with some analysis running on my project.
- Something that completely takes me off guard and is awesome.
I’d love to see people from the MySQL, Drizzle and Rackspace worlds have a decent presence. For those who’ve never heard of/been to an LCA before: we reject at least another whole conference worth of papers. It’s the conference on the calendar that everything else moves around.