There are a few things you should keep in mind when talking about the internet:
- Use of the word “cyber” is not cool.
- Whenever you hear the word “cyber” substitute it with “Information Super-Highway”… yes, it sounds that dated.
- Use of the word “cyber” is applicable only in discussions relating to Doctor Who.
- Whenever you see “facebook.com/BLAH” just think “AOL Keyword”. If you don’t know what AOL was, I likely have 437 trial CDs you can have.
- There is no differentiation between life and online-life – just about everything is internet connected now. This very much counts for speech vs online speech.
A reminder: Leah and I are running in the upcoming MS Fun Run raising money for Australians affected by Multiple Sclerosis (MS). If you don’t sponsor us you’re going to die poor and alone. Really, I have an arrangement with all known deities to make it happen. Sponsor us here:Â http://register.mswalk.org.au/2013-MS-Walk-and-Fun-Run-Melbourne/Meep